Thursday, December 11, 2008

Green

Green is my favorite color. My eyes are green and I like to wear green. So lately I have thought an emerald engagement ring would be cool. I must be strange. I am not dating anyone and I have thought about my wedding. I guess it comes from all of my married friends, engaged friends, and friends that are dating. Things associated with weddings seem to come up in conversation in Provo. So I thought about my likes and dislikes. I found this picture over the summer when one of my friends was getting married and I looked at rings online. I like this ring design, but I would prefer some other color band. I don't really like yellow gold.



I think this idea started back in high school when I read some books by Lynn Gardner. She writes a series that starts with a book entitled Emeralds and Espionage. It is about a twenty-something that grew up on the California coast and lived in the caretaker's cottage of a huge mansion that belongs to an absent movie star. Her high school love comes back and proposes with an emerald ring (that matches her eyes). The story is interesting because she realizes that her mother is the movie star, her "dead" father is still alive and a secret government agent, and her fiancé is working with her father. Lynn Gardner is LDS and so the book is also about her discovery of the church and her conversion. It was an interesting series that I read in high school. It has been awhile. I wonder if I would still like them now...?

So that is a little bit about my favorite color: GREEN!