I went with Tanya and got my nails done on Tuesday. I had never had acrylic nails before. When I French tip my nails, I don't like the white part to be really thick. The man that put the nails on placed them right in the middle of my natural nail. Okay, not directly in the middle, but really far inward. He clipped the nail short and then proceed on. I asked him to make them shorter. The nails were very square and thick and reminded me of those old nurses caps.

The man tried to make the nails short, but now I can see my real nail very clearly underneath. It looks bad. I can't scratch an itch properly and I can't do little things, like open the tiny flap on my phone so I can charge it. It is now Thursday and I have officially decided that I hate acrylic nails and probably won't get them again, even for special occasions. I prefer to just paint my nails.