Thursday, March 4, 2010

SCAVMA Silent Auction

SCAVMA had a silent auction this week. We are raising money to pay for students to go to SCAVMA Symposium next week. I checked out the auction and bought some stuff. I bought some cheap stuff for my siblings. I am always thinking of cute gifts for Christmas gifts. I also got a really nice jacket. No one was bidding on the jacket. I tried it on and it fit perfectly. I put down the starting bid and won! There was one item that I really wanted. A Norman Rockwell print of his painting "The Veterinarian." It is good sized and framed. I looked online to see how much it was worth before bidding to much and couldn't find it anywhere. Therefore, it seemed worth it to me. I bid on it and WON! Later, I was talking to one of my professors and he told me the name of the painting and a little bit about it. I looked online trying to find it. I found a statement about it, but no picture. Strange. So I took a picture for my blog. I love it. :)