Friday, August 14, 2009

In the searh for internet access, disasters happen.

During one of my "I'm-frustrated-with-my-computer-and-the-internet" moods, I went to campus in search of wireless internet. I had a few deadlines of things that needed to be done before the start of school. I decided to drive--bad idea. A bicyclist hit my car. The poor guy rolled right over the hood in front of my eyes. Scared me half to death. I thought he was seriously injured. Luckily he only had one little scratch on his hand and a beat up front wheel. My truck got a nice sized dent and wavy hood. He was okay. I was okay. He was very kind to me and offered to replace his own wheel. I looked into fixing the dent and decided that Stella had a lot of personality and that she was so old that a make-over wasn't necessary.

Okay I found out the other day that a few people actually read my blog so I'll quickly summarize the accident in case you didn't know about it. I turned left immediately after an SUV passed me. The biker was following the SUV's right taillight. I couldn't see him because of the SUV blocking my sight and he was in the shadows. The biker was heading down the hill and said he tried to brake when he realized we where going to crash. The way he rolled on my car, I would have guessed that he was like one of the idiots that zoom down that hill at 30-40 mph. But he probably wasn't. He was smart and wore his helmet. Thank goodness he was okay.

Moral: Wear your helmet. If you're close enough, just walk. And if your internet isn't working, just grin and bear it. Things could be worse.