Sunday, May 24, 2009

Another Rule of Life

5. Never put myself in a position between a couple in a relationship. I have many friends but I always know that when a relationship blossoms I move down a notch as the boyfriend moves into place. I would hate it if I was the cause or part of the cause of a breakup. I have a strict no flirting rule with anyone in a relationship. I think it is very wrong. I have had friends that were "the other woman" and I never fully understood how they could degrade themselves by lowering their potential and being the one on the side. Or how they could handle being the reason for a divorce or marital problem. I do not understand and will never be in that position.

I know some people have this mentality that until there is a ring, everyone is fair game. I have heard both guys and girls comment on how they want to step in and snatch away the one they're interested in. I don't do well with comments like that. I would never want to cause problems for someone or a couple. So I couldn't treat them that way. Also, I am not that great of a flirt that the guy would even consider me as an alternative. Thirdly, I would be concerned that they could be stolen away at a later date by some other person.

Therefore, I have a rule of not overstepping my bounds as a friend and interrupting a relationship. I don't really know why I remembered this life rule right now or why I'm posting it here.