Wednesday, June 3, 2009
Doctors
I went the eye doctor, then the dentist, and then went to get shot in the arm. Eyes good. Shot made my body tense and stiff. But its going away now. Dentist decides that he wants to fill in a hole in my tooth before it forms a cavity. No anesthetic needed. Just some light drilling and putty and we're done! Haha. The drilling was fine. But the cold water always hits my sensitive teeth and I want to hit the dentist or dental hygienist. So this time he is drilling and not a huge deal except he has a constant spray of cold water and the vacuum pump going. My tooth couldn't handle it. So it was flapping in the wind trying to get him to stop. He does but realizes that he just has to drill a little bit more before he can putty in my tooth. So he explains that it is right where my tooth was sensitive before. I politely explain that the drilling isn't the problem, will you please leave the water away from my tooth? So he drills without the water, and what do you know??? it didn't hurt at all. Then blasts my tooth with water to wash it away and I cringed in my seat. I understand that you have to wash my tooth before the putty, but I am still upset that the first time you could just drill without the water. We are going to have issues if you can't see what you're doing when just a little bit of tooth shavings/powder are on my tooth. Are you really that blind?