Monday, May 11, 2009

Rules of Life

I have some rules of life that I live by. This is not a complete list, by any means, but I have always with wanted to write some of them down. These rules are not in any order.

1. The Rule of Three. If a person cancels something three times in a row, they are not interested. I use this rule when discussing old friends or boys. If they make up an excuse to cancel something, or ignore three texts, or three phone calls, they are not interested in hanging out with me.

2. By the fourth time doing something, I should have that thing under control. I give an example of this rule in the next post about my kennel cleaning job.

3. Keep my stuff out of the main living areas of an apartment. I get really frustrated when roommates leave stuff out in the living room, on the dining table, or in the kitchen counter and sink.

4. Gain the most education I can in this life. I am heading off to a professional program and possibly a master's degree afterward. I want a very large library in my future home. I want to be well read and knowledgeable in many things. I want my children to read and be willing to learn as much as they can.

Okay I can't think of any more at this time, but I know have more rules and creeds to live by. I will have to add to this list as I remember them.